Chia seeds, although tiny, are jam-packed with healthy goodness— fiber, antioxidants, protein the list goes on and on. They are super versatile and can be incorporated into many different foods. Our favorite way to eat them though is in a healthy, decadent pudding that is easily prepped and oh so enjoyable! This festive recipe features pumpkin which is known to boost vision, lower blood pressure, and improve sleep improvement.
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Optional toppings: pecans, pumpkin pie spice, coconut whipped cream
- You will make this in 2 separate mason jars, so divide all of the ingredients in half.
- Combine half of the chia seeds, pumpkin, milk, syrup, vanilla, and pumpkin spice in one of the jars, then repeat with the rest of the ingredients in the second jar.
- Tightly close each jar and give them a good shake until everything is well combined.
- Set them in the fridge for at least 2 hours but preferably overnight.
- The pudding is ready to eat when you take it out of the fridge. Top it with pecans, more pumpkin spice, or whipped cream if desired.